Moving house is an exciting event in your life, however can also be one of the most stressful things you can do. At B.S.R, we will do everything to make it a hassle-free experience, offering additional packing and storage services, and advice, when necessary. We hope that this list of Moving Tips will help you prepare.
- When moving, try to organise as much as you can ahead of time. Make a list of the things you have to do.
- Get plenty of packing material, You can contact us for a price list of packaging products which can be shipped straight to your door.
- Know exactly what belongings you want to move, and the items you are leaving behind. If you are downsizing for example, you may not have quite as much space in your new home therefore want to leave some larger items behind, or taken to a family member.
- If you have small children, or pets, it might be easier for you to organise care for them.
- Choose a moving company you trust and who is willing to help you whenever you need advice.
- Organise a date of moving well ahead of time.
- Dont be afraid to call and confirm the removal again a few days before the moving day.
- Think about how the removal van can access your current and future home and get any necessary permits if needed.
- You can either order a professional packing service from your removal company or you can decide to pack yourself. If you will be packing yourself, you should start packing your items a few weeks before the moving day. Label boxes clearly, which will make a huge difference when unpacking.
- Take Gas and electric readings right before you leave.
- Notify banks, post office, friends and relatives of your new address.
- Be present on moving day making sure everything goes as planned.
- Once all is packed and in transit, check that you have not left any items behind, make sure gas and electricity is turned off, close all the windows and lock the doors behind you.
- Purchase packaging supplies before you move.
Please contact us for a price list of packaging products available on NEXT DAY Delivery to your home.
- Label each box displaying destination room or contents.
- Write FRAGILE on all boxes with breakables enabling us to stack these on top.
- Don’t overfill boxes especially items that are heavy or breakable, e.g. dish wear and books.
- Keep a few boxes spare for moving day, for bedding and any little extras that have been missed.
- Arrange removal date as far in advance as possible
- Unless your removals company has arranged to do so, dismantle self-assembly furniture,
- Get rid of rubbish before moving day avoiding unwanted rubbish at your new place.
- Arrange to have gas, electricity, and water meters read
- Defrost refrigerator
- Be clear about what you want taken and what is to be left.
- Keep your valuables safe and carry them personally to your new home